21 October 2008

A little insanity is not a bad thing.

My wife and I are insane. While it may not come to a shock to most that I am a bit off my rocker, my wife is also a bit loopy in the noggin, and not just because she married me.

You know, that's a pretty awesome thought. My wife is a looker. She has got it going on like Donkey Kong. And ever when we were dating there were more than a few guys trying to get her attention. It's hard to see whatever the hell she saw way back then to look at all those guys who were going after her and pick me. That really blows me away. In all honesty, and in no attempt to be funny, I almost question her sanity or at the least her judgment skills. She is smart enough, I guess, but when it comes to making critical life-altering decisions, I hope she gets a second opinion.

Even now, when I catch her getting dressed or playing with the kids or even bringing in the groceries, I can't help but wonder if she lost her mind way back then when she blew off all those other guys and picked the big goofy one with the burgandy Honda Civic DX with a tape player that worked most of the time and with a stick shift that was not driven very well by its owner. Trust me, my first car was no babe magnet, unless that babe likes very small practical cars with good gas miledge and wanted to get her arms in shape by using the hand crank windows.

Now even when she makes an honest mistake, it is almost like another piece of evidence that my wonderful may suffer from slight retardation in some areas of her life. Now when she forgets to pick up my laundry or when she asks me what I need from the store and suggests she pick up saline solution for the contacts I have not worn in 10 months since Lasik, it is another check mark in the "My Wife May Not Have It All Together Upstairs" column.

While I know she is not crazy or lost her mind, when I see her or hear her laugh or just feel her presence, I am blown away at how damn lucky I am and I have so little to offer back to such a wonderful woman.

But she picked me.

I have no idea why, but I am not going to complain.

No comments: