21 October 2008

Fans in the cold

Oh yeah, I started the last post about how both my wife and I are insane and got a little sidetracked...

One of the things that we enjoy most, besides wild nights of Star Wars movie nights where she dresses up like Princess Leia and I do my typical Jabba the Hutt impersonation, is to sleep in the coldest bedroom we can.

The temperature has dropped now and it gets down into the low 40's. As a result, we have opened our windows even more, kept the ceiling fan on, and even turned on a small fan that blows more air toward the bed.

We have taken out the most heavy comforters and we bunker down under the covers and get ready for the cold. It's wonderful. If I ever question God's love for me, just remind me that He gave me a wife who loves this as much as I do.

Here are a few tips if you want to try this at home...

1- Open 2 windows for good circulation
2- Turn the ceiling fan on medium and never turn it off
3- Make the second fan blow toward your feet. It will circulate the cold better and not freeze your face.
4- Get your own blanket. You cannot handle any unexpected cold-air-inlets from created by your spouse.
5- My wife says use as many blankets as possible without the weight of them pushing your feet down when you are laying on your back. She uses like 4 blankets.
6- Turn your pillow over every time you wake up. It's amazingly cool.
7- Set an alarm clock. You will sleep until 10 am.
8- Give you kids electric blankets so they won't die of the flu or freezing to death.

Give it a try. It's amazing!

No comments: