23 October 2008

dark days ahead...?

Wow, you just wonder how bad the economy and all that goes with it will be. I am hearing things like this could last until June 2010. That's pretty inconceivable (I don't think that word means what you think that word means).

It's really scary to think about all this stuff. It's also really sad.

You worry about your job and those jobs all around you, at your work and your friends and family. You think about all the time and hours you have invested to make your company what it is and then to see it struggle and not thrive really hurts. You have poured so much blood and sweat and tears into this place and you really love what you have helped create. You don't want this to happen.

I am dying for good news. I want to hear how it is possible this thing turns around in 2 months after the election, I want to hear about some large source of revenue that will come into our office and float us for the next 9 months until the storm has passed.

You just feel so helpless. You fight and work against this onslaught of bad news and dismal outlook, but to be honest, there is nothing you can do. nothing...

I wanted to try and kick this thing in the butt and go out and do all I can to stave off what I think now may be inevitable. You know, that is the wrong attitude.

In the book of Daniel God says he gives the kingdoms of men to whomever He pleases and for some reason he has given me this kingdom or at least a part of it. I need to do everything I can for this kingdom, everything He has asked me to do. He has called me and maybe given me the skills to do what I can and fight against the tide of this recession.

Yes there will be setbacks and difficult moments, but that should not diminish my passion and desire to please God in every way and serve him by trying and not giving up.

No one knows that will happen and how things can change. There is work out there. There is hope. God will give me what I need.

God is on His Throne
He is still crazy about me
I am going to be OK.

OK, let's kick this thing in the butt or at least go down fighting. God, give me the wisdom, direction, and strength to build your kingdom in the kingdom of man that you have given me. May my efforts honor you and I leave the results in your hands.

No comments: