21 November 2009

Lord, save us from Your followers

I don't know what to say after watching this. It reminds me of the quote from Ghandi...

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

We who are disciples of Christ need to stand up against this sort of thing. While we cannot keep people from using religious ideas for evil (even Satan quoted scripture), there is no way this should go on with there being a loud collective voice speaking out against this. I mean really...I cannot see how this fits in a Christian world view. It makes no sense to me at all. It does make me very sad.





I wasn't going to post this, because I did not want to deal with any sort of backlash. It's amazing how scared I am of people who follow the same God I do and who read the same Bible I do and who profess the same faith that I do.

Forget politics in this discussion. We who profess this faith have much more important matters to deal with than politics. We are to be concerned with the redemption of the world and bringing hope and love to those who need it. That is our highest calling. We are called to love God with everything and then love others like we should love ourselves. That our highest calling...not politics...

How does this make you feel?

No comments: