20 October 2009

10 Things I love more than I should

Here are 10 things that I love more than I should...

1. Radiohead
2. Krispy Kreme Donuts
3. Arsenal
4. Adidas Sambas
5. Top Gear
6. The number 3
7. Golf
8. Guinness
9. my car (2006 MINI Cooper S)
10. 30 Rock

All of these things produce a physical reaction of giddy pleasure more than should be allowed. Typically there is giggling and maybe even the clapping of hands. I am a 36 year old man who still greets his car with a, "Good morning."

Now don't get me wrong. I still love my wife and kids more than any of these things, and Jesus still is at the top of my list. However, I get weak in the knees when I watch 30 Rock and Top Gear.

I have shed tears when Arsenal wins because of the abundance of joy I feel. It is like God is causing His face to shine upon me.

I have played golf in sleet and snow and even now I am a bit nervous to look to the left of my chair because I will see my golf clubs and it makes me sad that I can't afford to play right now.

I refuse to see Radiohead live because I don't want to risk not liking them as much as I do. I usually emit an audible sigh when they come up on my iPod.

If I kiss my wife more than once, it has to be 3 times. She knows this and still has sex with me.

I have owned a pair of Adidas Sambas since the early 1990's. I love them and even when I get a new pair I have trouble throwing out the old ones. I right now have 2 pairs of the exact same shoe.

I don't think I have to apologize for the donuts or Guinness. In 1903, Harry Vardon had tuberculosis during the British Open. He almost collapsed between rounds and was coughing up blood, but sipped on a pint of Guinness for strength and then went out later that day and won. Guinness is wonderful.

What's wrong with me?

Anyone else want to admit to something they love more than they should?

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Van Halen gets my eyes batting.
Old beat up guitars.
NFL teams, not just the Falcons and Packers, but the steelers, chargers, bengels, Vikings, etc...
Oh yea, and I like my barber more than I should

Miss T said...

I'm totally with you on the Krispy Kreme! Most fridays after dinner I can be found at the Krispy Kreme on Ponce. : ) The dozen glazed are always finished off by noon on Saturday, haha! - Tara

Jason Glaze said...

1. Fruity Pebbles
2. The guy who invented Fruity Pebbles
3. The Woman who gave birth to the guy who invented Fruity Pebbles]
4. Re-runs of Saved by the Bell
5. Rivers
6. Golf
7. Fishing
8. Actually catching fish
9. Pizza
10. The movie Raising Arizona